Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] Approval process and statements of use

Title: Scott Hudson
FYI, I'm in the process of implementing the DITA Learning spec at 3 different companies, a tools vendor, and with a secondary chemistry teacher writing new curriculum. I can try to get statements from each of these groups, though they are likely not OASIS members.

Best regards,

--Scott

  Scott Hudson
  Senior XML Architect

  scott.hudson@FlatironsSolutions.com

  O:  303.542.2146

  C:  303.332.1883

  F:  303.544.0522

  www.FlatironsSolutions.com

  An Inc. 500 Company

john_hunt@us.ibm.com wrote:

Dear DITA learning and training content sub-committee,

One key element in submitting specification for review as part of the DITA 1.2 will be including at least 3 "statements of use" from OASIS members.

TC Chair Don Day provides some details in this recent email -

        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00021.html

And the official OASIS guidelines about the approval process and statements of use are here:

        http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s3.4

In terms of sequence and time frames, it's something like this (all dates my speculations of earliest case):

1) The TC prepares the specification (including the learning spec) for review.
2) The TC approves and submits the spec for Public Review.
(target 4/1)
3) Review - minimum of 60 days.
3) Comments collected and revisions made.
(6/1)
4) TC approves specification as a Committee Specification.
(7/1)
5) TC collects at least 3 statements of use.
(Needed by 7/1)
6) TC submits specification to OASIS for approval.

So - let's all plan for getting to a "statement of use" by 7/1. The more, the better!

John
John Hunt
DITA Architect / Lotus Information Development Center
Chair, OASIS DITA learning and training content sub-committee
IBM Software Group/Lotus Software
john_hunt@us.ibm.com