Subject: Re: FW: [dita-learningspec] Plugin in Demo

Hi Wayne,

CC;ing TC chair Don Day, but here's my take - it's both, depending on the context.

1) it's a "specialization" in the context of the DITA 1.2 specification.
2) it's a "plug-in" in the context of the DITA Open Toolkit distribution

When this becomes real with DITA 1.2, the DTDs, XSDs, and documentation (language specification) will go out with DITA 1.2 from the OASIS site.

We will also have a DITA Open Toolkit plug-in, which will also include thje same DTDs, XSDs, and documentation, but also include the sample content and the "starter kit" processing.

Don - do I have this right?

John
___________________________________
John Hunt
DITA Architect / Lotus Information Development Center
Chair, OASIS DITA learning and training content sub-committee
IBM Software Group/Lotus Software
john_hunt@us.ibm.com

From: "Wayne Gafford" <gaffordw@adlnet.org>
To: "John Hunt" <john_hunt@us.ibm.com>
Date: 03/12/2008 07:29 PM
Subject: FW: [dita-learningspec] Plugin in Demo

I have not thought of the learning model as a plugin. We have called it a 'specialization'. Am I missing something?

----- Message from Eliot Kimber <ekimber@reallysi.com> on Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:13:06 -0500 -----
To:
dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject:
[dita-learningspec] Plugin in Demo

I noticed that the latest learningsc plug-in expects to be installed in
demo/.

Shouldn't it really go in plugins?

Also, I would advocate for giving it a name like
org.oasis.dita.learningsc so that it is more reliably unique and
consistent with the best practice for plugin naming I posted to the DITA
User list a week or so ago.

Cheers,

Eliot
--