Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] Plugin in Demo

Hi Elliot -

Yes, thanks for these comments, too.

At this draft stage, the learning plugin fits better in the "demo" category - it's not part of the DITA standard, everything is subject to change, processing may not all work as it should, etc.

I have spoken with Robert Anderson, the DITA OT lead, and if and when the learning specialization becomes real with DITA 1.2, then the Open Toolkit team will take the demo and integrate with the OT, following whatever are the best practices for naming, etc.

Robert - can you add anything here?

John
___________________________________
John Hunt
DITA Architect / Lotus Information Development Center
Chair, OASIS DITA learning and training content sub-committee
IBM Software Group/Lotus Software
john_hunt@us.ibm.com

From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@reallysi.com>
To: dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 03/12/2008 06:20 PM
Subject: [dita-learningspec] Plugin in Demo

I noticed that the latest learningsc plug-in expects to be installed in
demo/.

Shouldn't it really go in plugins?

Also, I would advocate for giving it a name like
org.oasis.dita.learningsc so that it is more reliably unique and
consistent with the best practice for plugin naming I posted to the DITA
User list a week or so ago.

Cheers,

Eliot
--