Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] Plugin in Demo

john_hunt@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Hi Elliot -
>
> Yes, thanks for these comments, too.
>
> At this draft stage, the learning plugin fits better in the "demo"
> category - it's not part of the DITA standard, everything is subject to
> change, processing may not all work as it should, etc.
>
> I have spoken with Robert Anderson, the DITA OT lead, and if and when
> the learning specialization becomes real with DITA 1.2, then the Open
> Toolkit team will take the demo and integrate with the OT, following
> whatever are the best practices for naming, etc.
>
> Robert - can you add anything here?

I guess that makes sense.

Now that I understand how the plug-in mechanism works, I'm starting to
think that it would make sense for all the TC-defined specializations to
be packaged as separate plugins, rather than having a single large pool
of declaration sets. That would be more consistent with the new
organization scheme for the DITA spec and make it generally easier to
manage the contents of task-specific configurations of the Toolkit itself.

Cheers,

Eliot

--
Eliot Kimber