Subject: Groups - DITA Learning Content SC Meeting modified

Minutes from 24 April 2008.

 -- Scott Hudson

DITA Learning Content SC Meeting has been modified by Scott Hudson

Date:  Thursday, 24 April 2008
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
USA Toll Free Number: 866-880-0098
USA Toll Number: +1-210-795-1100
Australia Toll Free Number: 1-800-993-862
Australia Toll Number: 61-2-8205-8112
PASSCODE: 6396088

For information on specific country access dialing, see http://www.mymeetings.com/audioconferencing/globalAccessFAQ.php.

Agenda:
See agenda - http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LearningContent/24apr2008Agenda

Minutes:
DITA Learning SC, 24 April 2008

Attendees:
John Hunt
Scott Hudson
Robin Sloan
Troy Klukewich

Troy presenting at Oracle University on the DITA Learning specialization

Robin gave a webinar on DITA Learning specialization as well

Questions from the DITA TC:

I. Should the Learning and Training topics and ditabase doctype shells include the software, ui, and programming domains?

Plus side: make technical inlines available
Minus side: adds quite a few inlines

Scott: prefer a minimalist approach. This makes it easier for folks to author.

Robin: the ui elements might be more useful to include, but probably not software or programming.

John: ui is probably the shortest list of elements to include. (4 elements)

Eliot Kimber recommended a similar approach on the list. (start small, add as you need).

Troy: 95% of users may be doing some sort of software training, so ui domain may be useful.

We are already using the highlight (presentational), utilities (imagemap, area), indexing, domains in the current DTD. These all seem pretty useful.

Strawpoll: should the UI domain be included?
John - no
Scott - no
Troy - no
Robin - yes

Strawpoll: should the programming domain be included?
John - no
Scott - no
Troy - no
Robin - no

Strawpoll: should the software domain be included?
John - no
Scott - no
Troy - no
Robin - no

Strawpoll: should the highlight domain be included?
John - yes
Scott - yes
Troy - yes
Robin - yes

Strawpoll: should the utilities domain be included?
John - yes
Scott - yes
Troy - yes
Robin - yes

Strawpoll: should the indexing domain be included?
John - yes
Scott - yes
Troy - yes
Robin - yes

II.  Do we want a Learning and Training map doctype shell that is based on bookmap?
John - yes
Scott - yes
Troy - yes
Robin - yes

Learning and Training Content Package

a)       DITA 1.2 Learning and Training Content Architecture and Language Reference.

b)       Doctype shells for all of the Learning and Training topic
specializations except learningBase, includes the Base topic, Learning topic, and Learning Metadata domains.

c)       Learning and Training topic, map, and metadata domains.

d)       Learning and Training map doctype shell (map plus the map group, delayed resolution, Learning Map, Learning Metadata, and Learning topic domains).

e)       Learning and Training bookmap doctype shell (bookmap plus the map group, delayed resolution, Learning Map and Learning Metadata domains).

f)         Learning and Training map domain specialization modules.

Scott: what is the Delayed Resolution domain? Do we have to worry about it?
John: may be the keyref feature?
Robin: is it the new conref resolution? You wouldn't have to hardcode your links, you can specify them in the map.
John: need to do further research, but think it's pretty core functionality moving forward?
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/26493/IssueNumber1207v8b.html

Processing Interactions

John posted a very basic example of assessment interactions.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-learningspec/download.php/28052/lc-menu-assessment.html

Invite others to continue the work on interactions.

Status of SCORM and IMS packaging

John got some additional info from the SCORM tech lead:

http://www.imsglobal.org/profile/findprofiles.cfm
John will circulate the info on the list.

List of files you have to assemble into a zip package.
Requires these files in the zip:
# adlcp_v1p3.xsd
# adlnav_v1p3.xsd
# adlseq_v1p3.xsd
# imscp_v1p1.xsd
# imsss_v1p0.xsd
# imsss_v1p0auxresource.xsd
# imsss_v1p0control.xsd
# imsss_v1p0delivery.xsd
# imsss_v1p0limit.xsd
# imsss_v1p0objective.xsd
# imsss_v1p0random.xsd
# imsss_v1p0rollup.xsd
# imsss_v1p0seqrule.xsd
# imsss_v1p0util.xsd
# ims_xml.xsd
# lom.xsd
# lomCustom.xsd
# lomLoose.xsd
# lomStrict.xsd
# xml.xsd
# common/anyElement.xsd
# common/dataTypes.xsd
# common/elementNames.xsd
# common/elementTypes.xsd
# common/rootElement.xsd
# common/vocabTypes.xsd
# common/vocabValues.xsd
# extend/common.xsd
# extend/strict.xsd
# unique/loose.xsd
# unique/strict.xsd
# util/APIWrapper.js
# vocab/custom.xsd
# vocab/loose.xsd
# vocab/strict.xsd

Basically, the DITA processing can create all the HTML files,
then to create the SCORM.zip, they have to be placed along with the above files.

Need to identify the minimal list. The above list may be extras that we don't truly need.

Assume that OASIS processing will not be allowed to distribute the above files. May have to just list the requirements and locations for folks to include it in their SCORM package. The OASIS DITA processing would only provide the conversion of topics to HTML.

Scott: looking at the timeline, is there anything else we need to do on the tech spec?

John: assume we've made good progress on the FAQ. Robert Anderson has been doing a lot of work to revamp the DTDs and the technical side of things.

We should review the upfront or introductory info and make sure that our materials that will describe DITA Learning is effective. This is where the FAQ would be very useful. Need a strong example course, perhaps a presentation.

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Thursday, 10 January 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 17 January 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 24 January 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 31 January 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 07 February 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 14 February 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 21 February 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 28 February 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 06 March 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 13 March 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 20 March 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 27 March 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 03 April 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 10 April 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 17 April 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 01 May 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 08 May 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-learningspec/event.php?event_id=17600

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20080424T000000Z
DTSTART:20080424T150000Z
DTEND:20080424T160000Z
SEQUENCE:20
SUMMARY:DITA Learning Content SC Meeting
  +1-210-795-1100\nAustralia Toll Free Number: 1-800-993-862\nAustralia
  Toll Number: 61-2-8205-8112\nPASSCODE: 6396088\n\nFor information on
  specific country access dialing\, see
  http://www.mymeetings.com/audioconferencing/globalAccessFAQ.php.\n\nGroup:
  DITA Learning and Training Content Specialization SC\nCreator: Scott
  Hudson
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-learningspec/event.php?event_id=17600
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-learningspec/event.php?event_id=17600
END:VEVENT