Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] Setting up the DITA 1.2 Learning pluginsand sample content for testing with DITA Open Toolkit 1.5

Title: Scott Hudson
Nice! Thanks for testing this, Troy! Good to know.

--Scott

  Scott Hudson
  Senior XML Architect

  scott.hudson@FlatironsSolutions.com

  O:  303.542.2146

  C:  303.332.1883

  F:  303.544.0522

  www.FlatironsSolutions.com

  An Inc. 500 Company

Troy Klukewich wrote:
3543756.1224711742883.JavaMail.oracle@acsmt302.oracle.com" type="cite">
I don't know if anyone has tried this out on Linux yet, but I ran through all the following steps on a Linux box I recently set up for DITA builds no problem.

I used the Sept. 27th DITA OT 1.5 to generate outputs.

Life is good.

Troy

Sent Wed 9/3/2008 12:03 PM
Subject [dita-learningspec] Setting up the DITA 1.2 Learning plugins and sample content for testing with DITA Open Toolkit 1.5

Dear DITA learning sub-committee -

I've posted a dita12_learning_samples_plugins.zip, which if you use with the instructions below, you should be able to see some sample content working and building with DITA Open Toolkit 1.5, latest Sep 2 test build, which includes the 1.2 DTD's. XSD's not yet working - they don't appear to be integrated in this 1.5 OT test build.

At tomorrow's meeting, I'll do a show-n-tell, aided by Fred and Scott, who have been helping me test this today.

John Hunt

Setting up the DITA 1.2 Learning plugins and sample content for testing with DITA Open Toolkit 1.5

To set this up, with sample content and specialized plug-in processing, do the following:

1. Download and install the DITA Open Toolkit 1.5 Sep 2 (or later) Test Build

a. The DITA OT home page is on SourceForge here -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dita-ot
b. Download the Sep 2 test build -
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=132728&package_id=179008&release_id=623613

    Note -
For Windows, use the full easy install:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/dita-ot/DITA-OT1.5_full_easy_install_M5_bin.zip?modtime=1220290907&big_mirror=0

2. Download the dita12_learning_samples_plugins.zip.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/29190/dita12_learning_samples_plugins.zip

This provides a plugin with specialized learning processing and a samples folder with learning content.

3. Unzip dita12_learning_samples_plugins.zip to the DITA OT 1.5 root folder.

This is the folder with build.xml, build_demo.xml, etc.

4. Use startcmd.bat or startcmd.sh from the DITA OT 1.5 root folder to open a command box.

5. Type ant -f integrator.xml and press Enter.

This sets up the specialized processing for the learning content from the xsl in the plugin.

6. Use ant -f build_demo.xml to generate sample web or other builds of the learningsample.ditamap.

The testlearningAssess.html shows specialized processing for the interaction items.

7. Use this command to build SCORM template 4b output:

java -jar lib\dost.jar /i:samples\learning\learningsample.ditamap /outdir:samples\learning\out /transtype:scormtemp4b

This produces the HTML plus an imsmanifest.xml, which you can use in a SCORM package.  For information and links to the files you need for a SCORM package, see
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LearningContent/scorm_schema_files. You would get copies of all of the files listed and put them into a .zip package along with the imsmanifest, HTML, CSS, and graphic or other multimedia objects, and then run in a SCORM-compliant LMS.