Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] Feedback for Matching Table Items

Unfortunately that can't work because lcMatchTable specializes from
simpletable, to the children of lcMatchingPair have to specialize stentry.

One alternative would be to specialize lcMatchTable and lcMatchingPair from
sectiondiv, which would lose the default table semantics but enable a more
flexible content model.

Not sure that's a good idea, but I'm not sure that having match table
specialize from table is actually appropriate, since in an actual assessment
you wouldn't normally present the item and the matching item in the same row
anyway, so getting a default table view is to some degree misleading, given
that any useful presentation other than for review would have to override
the default tabular formatting anyway.

Just a thought.

Adding a new child of lcMatchingPair that specializes stentry is the
cleanest solution to allowing per-pair feedback if lcMatchTable continues to
be specialized from simpletable.

Cheers,

E.

On 7/7/09 10:40 AM, "john_hunt@us.ibm.com" <john_hunt@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> Instead of adding a new element for matching pair feedback, would it work
> simply to allow for lcFeedbackCorrect and lcFeedbackIncorrect as both
> available as optional elements for lcMatchingPair? They're also included
> with lcMatching, but the context would be clear I think.
>
> Like this in DTD parlance?
>
> <!ELEMENT lcMatchingPair
> ((%lcItem;),(%lcMatchingItem;),(%lcFeedbackIncorrect;)?,(%lcFeedbackCorrect;)?
> )>
>
> And would a similar rationale also apply to lcSequenceOption to provide
> feedback on a specific item in a sequence?
>
> <!ELEMENT lcSequenceOption ((%lcAnswerContent;), (%lcSequence;))>
>
> John Hunt

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>