Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] Interactions Require @id -- Why?

Hi Eliot,

In discussion about SCORM processing models, some of the more advanced processing had need to track interaction items against specific objectives, so we made those ID's required, to make them available for that kind of tracking if needed.

This does place a restriction on those elements, but does position them better for the processing to take advantage of the specific identifiers.

I'm open to comment.

John

___________________________________
John Hunt
Chair, OASIS DITA Learning and Training Specialization sub-committee

IBM Software Group/Lotus Software
john_hunt@us.ibm.com

From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@reallysi.com>
To: "dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 07/20/2009 10:33 PM

At least in my copy of the L&T learningDomain module, which I think is the
latest, all the interaction elements (lcTrueFalse, lcMatching, etc.) require
@id.

Why?

I didn't see any mention of it in the reference documentation?

The base topic/fig type does not require @id.

Cheers,

Eliot

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <
mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<
http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>