Subject: RE: [dita-learningspec] Groups - HTML for the DITA 1.3 stage 3 proposal 13089 - learningObjectMap and learningGroupMap uploaded

Hi Amber,

As Eliot says, I’m not sure this is a learningObject in the strict, Cisco sense of the term. I’d like to hear some instructional designers weigh in…

In one of my previous jobs, in post-secondary distance education, our internal DTD contained an ‘assessment object’. That what comes to mind for me here.

Note that this can be represented in the learningGroupMap DTD. The following is valid:

<!DOCTYPE learningGroupMap PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Learning Group Map//EN" "learningGroupMap.dtd">

<learningGroupMap xmlns:ditaarch="http://dita.oasis-open.org/architecture/2005/">

    <title>Quiz</title>

    <learningGroup>

        <learningPostAssessmentRef href="ques1"/>

        <learningPostAssessmentRef href="">"ques2"/>

        <learningPostAssessmentRef href="">"ques3"/>

    </learningGroup>

</learningGroupMap>

Cheers,

Doug

Doug Burgess

Production Platform Management and Operations

Knowledge Productization Services, SAP Canada

doug.burgess@sap.com

Work: 604-974-2334 Mobile: 778-840-8004

Vancouver BC

Canada