Subject: RE: [dita-learningspec] Minutes for 20JUN2017 meeting

Hi there,

Here is the OASIS  membership info URL:
https://www.oasis-open.org/join/categories-dues. Even educational
institutions must pay to become contributors. The Personal membership is the
least expensive, but is limited to self-employed or unemployed individuals.

I have sent a request to OASIS asking if it is possible to get a list of
OASIS member organizations in the education industry and will let you know
what I learn.

Thanks, A

-----Original Message-----
From: dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Scott Hudson
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 11:00 AM
To: dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org

1. Attendance
a. Dawn Stevens
b. Amber Swope
c. Scott Hudson
d. Birgit Strackenbrock
e. Jennifer Gemmell
f. Mark Myers
g. Doug Burgess
2. Review/approve prior meeting minutes
a. Motion: Dawn Stevens,  2nd by Doug Burgess. Approved.
b. Do we want to build out a wiki page to track agenda and minutes?

 3.	SC membership
            a.	How do we increase?            b.	What types of members
can we have?

Observers still have to be OASIS members, so how do we enable voices from
industry that aren't formal members.
    4.	Effectiveness of current support
            a.	How do we measure this?
       How do we even Survey adoption? Most create content depending on
available tools, but how do we determine DITA L&T adoption?

       Scott: it is our goal state to have such cross-over with Tech doc,
but it is not happening today.
       Scott: What about follow up with the Adoption TC to find out adoption
surveys to see who is using? Keith S-R?

       Who is using?
       What do they need or what elements are missing?

            b.	How do we evaluate the input?

    5.	Scope (what does success look like?)
            a.	Education – Education publishers (e.g., Kaplan)
            b.	Training – Corporate or business
            c.	Other?
	Scott: What about certification? Is this part of Assessment, or separate
requirements?
	Amber: What about standardized testing? – fit w/Education.
	Birgit: don't need to call out separate, but having members from each of
these areas should help inform the initatives for each Champion area
	Doug: Success will also involve support and enhancement of the spec for
users.

    6.	Champions (need folks to help lead initiatives)
            a.	L&T Architecture – schemas/specialization requirements
            b.	Birgit: Assessment – types of questions, etc.
            c.	LOM – metadata for system interactions
            d.	Amber: Learning objective management – instructional design
aspects
            e.	Tools integration – how will this standard work with other
tools
            f.	Mark, Scott: Output / DITA-OT – How to ensure we support the
necessary formats
            g. Adoption – how to drive adoption and participation

    7.      Wiki page organization and set

    8.	Action Items
        Amber to find info on types of members and forward to the list.
        Scott to talk to other subcommittees for best practices
        Dawn to create recurring meeting apt on calendar
        Doug to search on Yahoo group and determine the number and type of
questions that are L&T related.
        Scott to follow up with Tech Comm SC to determine if any of their
users are using any of L&T?
        Dawn to follow up with Kris Eberlein on how to get additional input
from non-OASIS members.
        Dawn to send Wayne a note about Implementation Fest
       All – send your Champion preference to the list and participation
preferences

    9.	Next meeting
	11JUL2017

10. Conference mentioned by Wayne (Implementation Fest)?
	Wayne sent note to list about participation and requirements. What do we
want or need to do about it?
	Information gathering and opportunity for outreach