Subject: [dita-learningspec] DITA Europe, Birgit's presentation

Dear all,

As you might now, end October will be the DITA Europe in Berlin. Together with Jan Benedictus I have applied as speaker and our presentation is accepted. We are going to give a presentation about DITA and the possibilities and lacks for learning material. We will show/mention our DITA OT plugin for some extra questions. We will mainly focus us on the needs we see educational publishers have and what DITA can do for them.

Maybe I can also give a little view to the future and what might be different/new in DITA 2.0 concerning question (and maybe other things?). But anyway, before doing so, I want to discuss this with you in some of the next meetings.

I also can send around the presentation to ask for feedback before sending it out to the CIDM if you want.

In the next weeks I will develop out plugin a bit further and also included MathML (no idea why this isn’t done in DITA 1.3 T&L). If you already want to look at it, feel free to do:

https://github.com/birgitstrackenbrock/dita13.lc.extra-interactions

Kind regards, Birgit

logo_XStructuring2014_klein

www.xstructuring.eu