Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] My intro for the list

Hi all,

I've been working with XML for around 10 years, first mainly in stylesheet development and other services for publishers, last couple of years working on the XML editor called Xopus (good to hear it being mentioned in the call Monday!). I am relatively new to DITA, got into it with v1.2 when I started working for Xopus (now SDL). I've been in different roles here, consultant, user experience designer, and now mainly acting as product owner for Xopus/SDL LiveContent Create.

My main interest in lightweight DITA is making it easier to author content. A product like Xopus can help in making more complex schema's like the full DITA easier to author. But with a simpler schema, authoring usability could take another leap. And actually not just authoring, other interaction with the content like stylesheet development or conversion into other file formats will benefit from a more straightforward structure as well.

Fredrik Geers | Product Owner SDL LiveContent Create/SDL Xopus | SDL |  (t) +31 (0)20 201 0500 | (e) fgeers@sdl.com

www.sdl.com

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved. If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY, UK.