Subject: RE: [dita-lightweight-dita] My intro for the list

Hi there,

I have been working with DITA since it was a Beta at IBM and currently provide consulting services to lead teams through DITA implementation. My current focus in on helping non-technical writers, including instructional designers and technical support representatives, leverage the standard. Although my expertise lies in developing the information architecture, I do provide assistance in other implementation areas.

Many of the teams I support struggle with the complexity of the architecture and the resulting complexity in the authoring tools. As the others have mentioned, I would like to see a standard, easier-to-use flavor of DITA so that more people can more easily use it.

My apologies for not attending the meetings, but I have been traveling during the time for every meeting thus far. I will have a better attendance record later in the year.

Have a great day,

From: dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Michael Priestley
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 5:34 PM
To: dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita-lightweight-dita] My intro for the list

As we discussed in the meeting yesterday, I'm kicking off a round of intros so we can all get to know each other a little better.

I've been with DITA since day 1, and was the co-editor of the DITA 1.0 and 1.1 specification. I'm excited about lightweight DITA because it gives us a chance to apply the lessons we've learned with full DITA in crafting a high-functioning but lightweight architectural subset.

My current role at IBM is one of content technology strategist, with a scope that lets me influence (but not necessarily direct) technology development across many different content development and delivery organizations, with both internal and external audiences. Lightweight DITA is a part of every content technology strategy deck I put together in IBM. It's a core piece of the architecture we need to allow content to be truly portable, across systems, skill sets, and formats.

The highest priority scenarios I'm focusing on for IBM use (with help from other IBMers) are:

- marketing content and HTML5 mappings
- training content and EPUB mappings
- developer content and both markdown and HTML5 mappings

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Enterprise Content Technology Strategist
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/michael-priestley