OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-lightweight-dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Lightweight DITA Subcommittee 27 Oct 2014


Below are the minutes for today’s meeting:

Lightweight DITA,  27 Oct 2014

Chair: Michael Priestly
Assignment of minutes: Scott Hudson

Michael Priestly
Kris Eberlein
Amber Swope
Tom Comerford
Chris Nitchie
Tim Grantham
Fredrik Greers
Mark Giffin
Don Day

Michael took Roll call.

ACTION: Michael to adjust roles of membership in Kavi.

Michael created a template package for the personas and mailed to the list. 

ACTION: Michael to fix DOCTYPE DECL and uploaded to website.

Discussion of design-assets.ditamap
  •   general background
  •   list of roles/personas (technical writer - Bob)
    •     % of job is authoring
    •     authoring tools
    •     types of content
  •   list of scenarios (scenario name)
    •     should this be a task? - concerns that if it is too structured, it will be heavyweight for what we are trying to do here. Makes sense to add “As-Is” and “To-Be” sections to describe and compare processes.
  •   content type (content type name - content analysis)
    •     Have a topic per content type. Add a column per authoring type. elements should be block level; do we want to cover specializations?
    •     separate table for capabilities.
    •     SH: Add a section for listing examples (links or literal content examples).
  • There is a reltable in the map for Roles, Scenarios, Content types.
Question: how do we track mapping by transform, if users will not be authoring in LWDita directly?

Question: to what extent do we expect that XML authoring tools will be required to handle the XML processing? (do we want to push XML processing onto authoring tools vs running in “markdown mode” or “markdown mapping”) 

From a PR perspective, we need to make sure we are NOT taking away preferred tools and platforms, but providing a template and structure that allows/enables interchange of content — a hub format, that allows exchange with those authoring full DITA and allowing round-trip. Even a custom editor should have a pretty stripped-down UI to simplify the authoring experience with LWDita.

Is this scenario gathering process important?
  • Evaluating the business benefits is important for us to know where to focus our efforts in developing LWDita and ensure that we are supporting those areas that provide the most benefit.
  • This should also help streamline the process of creating the DOCTYPES/content models.
  • Concern that a single text file was easier to keep the scenario information manageable rather than having to keep track of multiple files. Will redo roles/personas as a single document. Any others? [Not yet, but if others have a concern, please raise to the list.]
Kris to try to map existing client situation perhaps by December.

ACTION: All will review progress of HTML5 mapping from Michael as it is available and posted.

Should we allow object-level specializations for audio/video elements in HTML 5?

section, phrase, object allowed, but what about block elements? May need to re-visit.

Next meeting: Nov 10.

Meeting adjourned at 12p EST.

Thanks and best regards,

Scott Hudson   |   PELCO  by Schneider Electric   |   United States  |   Standards & Information Architect 
 +1 970 282 1952  |  Mobile: +1 720 369 2433 
 | Email: scott.hudson@schneider-electric.com

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]