Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Lightweight DITA CCMS based on Drupal

Michael may appreciate my admission of acceptance earlier today in a tweet.

Note that there is a HUGE amount of work to turn a concept into a production-level service--what we see here is *feasibility*. Kristof can make it happen but his interest survey shows that he is realistic about the anticipated effort and the level of sponsorship he'll need.

Here is my more serious concern: The kinds of new Drupal capabilities that Kristof demoed are extremely powerful for anyone needing to develop modular information for adaptive content delivery, but in the absence of a data definition layer (like a DTD or Schema in even a simple form), there is no prayer of a chance for content interoperability--The Web According to Drupal, as I see it in Kristof's demo, has the potential to turn into a Tower of Babel as it were.

Lightweight DITA will offer such a schema, but will it be acceptable? I suspect the Web will need to invent something with much looser validation within those editable chunks.
--
Don