Subject: AW: [dita-lightweight-dita] Some thoughts on next steps

I can’t join the conference and your meeting.

I wish you a successful conference and I‘m looking forward to hearing from your latest discussions.

Br, Sissi

Von: dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org] Im Auftrag von Michael Priestley
Gesendet: Sonntag, 19. April 2015 03:34
An: dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org

We had a small meeting last time, and talked about how to streamline our process to get something out sooner.

What do people think about focusing our efforts on getting the core package out ASAP, with industry-specific specializations being used to validate the architecture but not necessarily including them in the package?

For example, we could aim to publish a specification for V1.0 that:

- defines lightweight DITA topics, maps, and specialization
- defines mappings/implementations for XML, HTML5, markdown, JSON
- defines a lightweight specialization document type that allows quick generation of new map and topic specializations
- and links to separate pages/papers for each industry/discipline area, which can continue being developed after the initial spec is published

Each domain position paper (not a formally approved spec) would cover:
- value proposition of lw dita for that domain
- listing of example roles and scenarios
- list of example content types
- at least one example specialization of one of the domain-specific content types (unless none are needed)

What do folks think? I'm reluctant to push too far ahead with the core spec without some validation from the domain analysis that we're including the right things. But maybe we're asking for too exhaustive an analysis. Maybe we just need enough analysis to ensure that we've got a useful direction, and then we can release and begin iterating.

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Enterprise Content Technology Strategist
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/michael-priestley