Subject: Review of strawman doctypes

I've uploaded my in-progress version to OASIS SVN. It should be roughly the same as the github version but with the addition of data element to metadata, and the start of an HTML5 domain for video and audio (not completed, not integrated).

Next steps I think are:

- get what's there working
- factor out the concept/task/reference stuff into a separate plugin

Thanks to Mark Giffen and Carlos Evia for volunteering to get it working.

As a background for folks who don't want to look directly at the doctype, here's a rough overview from a year or two ago:

http://www.slideshare.net/mpriestley/a-lightweight-dita-update

I think we need an updated overview that reflects the current design direction better:
- allowing metadata (in the form of data element) into map and prolog - and making it specializable
- factoring out all specializations into other packages, leaving only topic and map

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Enterprise Content Technology Strategist
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/michael-priestley