Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] L&T dependency on DITA 1.2

Hi Don -

I think the key area here is in the content models for the question-answer interactions.

Specifically, for DITA 1.2, we limited the content in most places to ph.cnt. For example, see lcQuestionBase.content in learningInteractionBaseDomain.mod.

For DITA 1.3, we wanted to expand those content models to allow multiple block elements, and used div.cnt instead of ph.cnt.

For compatibility, the need to keep the DITA 1.2 models in place meant we added a parallel set of "learning2" elements with the div.cnt content models in learningInteractionBase2Domain and learning2Domain.mod. See lcQuestionBase2, lcTrueFalse2, etc.

Seeing how these question-answer interactions are among the most widely-used features of the L&T specialization, we have an interesting challenge in how to support them in the LW DITA model.

John
___________________________________
John Hunt
Senior Technical Content Architect
IBM Enterprise Social Solutions | User Experience: Design and Information Excellence
john_hunt@us.ibm.com

From:        Don R Day <donrday@contelligencegroup.com>
To:        John Hunt/Cambridge/IBM@Lotus, "dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        05/11/2015 10:47 AM
Subject:        [dita-lightweight-dita] L&T dependency on DITA 1.2
Sent by:        <dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

John, can you remind us again of what was the DITA 1.2 feature that created the hard dependency on DITA 1.2 for supporting the L&T specializations? I wonder if it portends something we may need to support in a lighter way if we are to reimplement L&T on the lighter LwD base.
--
Don R. Day
Founding Chair,

--T.S. Eliot