Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] LW DITA DTDs - p in list item

I tested the case of paragraph behaviors in list items. According to this attached test case, default browser CSS (yes, there is such a thing) already gracefully handles the case of a first paragraph within a list item. Bring this up in any browser, and the both list items should display fine with normal "content to content" spacing, not "markup to markup" which was what I was afraid the OT was doing. OT is doing no wrong that I can see. And I back off from the assertion that p[1] should be output as <div>... this only makes sense if a semantically neutral content type is needed for some other reason.

Still, this shows that the theming content will normally take care of list compaction. Without the style, both contexts render as "open," but authors should not have to author as if they knew where that list was going to end up.

---

Normal paragraph in body context. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum tincidunt est vitae ultrices accumsan. Aliquam ornare lacus adipiscing, posuere lectus et, fringilla augue. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum tincidunt est vitae ultrices accumsan. Aliquam ornare lacus adipiscing, posuere lectus et, fringilla augue.

List in a normally open context (eg, body of web page)

List in a normally closed up context (eg, sidebar of web page)

List back in the body context