Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Slide specialization first draft

I agree with Tim's rollup recommendations. I have had the same experience with "simple DITA" content that I have used as dynamic slide content. My eventual "steady state" practice is having effectively a domain based on <section outputclass="aside"> that isolates slide-specific key points within a topic that can manage the more semantic or instructor-oriented content. It turns out to be a lot of work to effectively duplicate the slide info in both places but that seems to be just the nature of dual-role content. Also, I am now exploring the use of more than one such section per topic since sometimes it can be handy to author a simple slideshow within a single topic, shedding the content management overhead of a map driving topics of slides.

There is a link to a working version of this method in this note (which has other useful background): http://svdig.ditamap.com/2013/03/meeting-it-was-with-you-all-along-adaptive-dita/
--
Don