Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Bluemix use of markdown with DITA mappings

I like it a lot.
It is not, however, very different from a) the initial Markdown mapping we started last year and b) the mapping/implementation that Jarno put into his plugin.
Before the sub-committee existed, I remember being in a call with Michael telling him I was working on Kramdown/Maruku experiment for attributes.
I have a quick demo using Jarno's plugin here: https://github.com/carlosevia/markdita
And the Bluemix proposed conrefs are based on the GitHub version of conref. That is on slide 21 of our DITA/CMS NA conference presentation from last April (http://www.slideshare.net/mpriestley/does-dita-need-tags).
This is good news because there is agreement and consensus on the Bluemix implementation of Markdown, Jarno's plugin, and our experimental mapping from last year (attached here for those who don't remember it or have not seen it).
I think we should combine these approaches and draft a Lightweight DITA MarkDITA or whatever we want to call it "official" recommendation for using Markdown as DITA.

Best,

Carlos

--
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Director of Professional and Technical Writing