Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Specialization tool discussed in last meeting

Hi Mark,

Not sure if it was me, but I'll take a crack anyway:

- open/create an existing topic type instance (eg a topic if you're specializing from topic, a task if you're specializing from task, etc.) that conforms to the constraints of the specialization you want to create (ie an example of what you want to specialize/enforce)
- mark up the content using the new specialization attributes
   - eg select a section and say whether the content is a sequence or a choice, select a paragraph in the section and say whether it's optional or required...
   - and select the section title and say whether it's generated or author-editable
- mark up the prolog to define any global attributes, elements, or constraints
- maybe add some more elements that provide documentation, or editor prompts, etc.

Save and export as various artifacts, eg schemas (RNG, DTD, XSD), editing frameworks (HTML5 with contenteditable attributes), documentation, etc.

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Enterprise Content Technology Strategist
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/michael-priestley

From:        Mark Giffin <mark@markgiffin.com>
To:        dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        11/11/2015 11:10 PM
Sent by:        <dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

In the last LW DITA SC meeting on 2 Nov, a tool for doing a simple
specializations was discussed. I think it was Michael Priestley who
mentioned a few characteristics that this tool should have. If that was
you, Michael, can I get you to list them again? I neglected to write
them down.

Thanks,
Mark Giffin
Mark Giffin Consulting, Inc.