Subject: Re: Fw: [dita-lightweight-dita] Current status of lightweight DITA spec

My apologies to all; I intended to meet but had the wrong time in mind. I deserve to have been volunteered for far worse; this fate looks acceptable. If anyone captured some insights that would be helpful, please put those in an email to the under a clear subject line so that we can discuss the approach (e.g., "Generating schemas from templates"). Thanks!
--
Don

On 1/25/2016 10:53 AM, Michael Priestley wrote:
Per our call today - there's a link below to the draft specialization architecture.

Mark, Carlos, Tim, and Don have (been) volunteered to take that email and implement it:

- adding the required elements/attributes to the base topic/map DTDs
- creating XSLT to generate RNG (or DTD, XSD...) from a template topic (ie any DITA topic, with/without use of the new template attributes/elements)

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Enterprise Content Technology Strategist
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/michael-priestley
----- Forwarded by Michael Priestley/Toronto/IBM on 01/25/2016 11:48 AM -----

From:        Michael Priestley/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
To:        dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        01/11/2016 09:59 AM
Sent by:        <dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

Here's where I think we are:

Draft doctypes for topic/map:

https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/dita/subcommittees/LightweightDITA/org.oasis.lwdita/

Draft specialization architecture:

http://markmail.org/message/pd4u5kfg44xp5x5c

Industry/domain validation:
- learning and training - analyzed scenarios, proposed new specializations adapting to lightweight model
- marketing - analyzed scenarios, working towards new specialization proposals
- software development - analyzed scenarios
- machine industries - analyzed scenarios

Cross-format mappings:
- markdown and HTML5 in progress, need updating
- JSON investigated
- others proposed: PPT, other slide formats, Word