Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Generating schemas from templates

Should we use the new OASIS open repository process for this work?

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201601/msg00011.html

Let's us do this as an officially sanctioned OASIS opensource project at github.

Re inputs/outputs:

- input would be a topic that uses the updated doctype (with new elems/atts) as described in the email summary linked below
- output would be (at least initially) a single-file doctype definition using either DTD syntax, RNG syntax, or XSD syntax that defines the new specialization and provides the validation rules for it

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Enterprise Content Technology Strategist
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/michael-priestley

----- Original message -----
From: Mark Giffin <mark@markgiffin.com>
Sent by: <dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
To: Don Day <donday@donrday.com>
Cc: Carlos Evia <cevia@vt.edu>, tgrantham@timgrantham.com, "dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: Mon, Jan 25, 2016 12:23 PM

Hi Don,

I'm the culprit who volunteered you, I figured you would be interested. Also involved in this are Tim Grantham and Carlos Evia. In the meeting Michael P talked about making the tool that would convert a template to a specialization, based on the info at the bottom of this email and especially this thread:

http://markmail.org/message/pd4u5kfg44xp5x5c

Michael wanted XSLT that would run on the template file and output a specialization. I believe this output includes a topic and also a schema, and I mentioned making a RelaxNG schema. But I'm a bit muddy on what the output would be exactly, please correct me or verify.

Mark Giffin
Mark Giffin Consulting, Inc.
http://markgiffin.com/