Subject: Re: footnote

I completely agree with Don's excellent argument about the <fn> element and would strongly argue in favor of including it in any Lightweight DITA flavor (even though I hate all those footnotes that legal departments put on their websites, brochures etc. - I don't have to like them to see that they are a vital part of this world's communication channels).