Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Specialization model - elements and attributes

When it comes to redefining HDITA tags as custom elements, the “easy” way would be customized built-in elements (<section is="section-example”>), which extend an existing tag in HTML5. These are pretty easy to implement and light. Autonomous custom elements (<section-example>) look “cooler” and closer to XDITA. I think Don and Mark have more experience with these than me… but I know they do not need stylesheet support. Browsers (Safari needs to catch up soon) will process them as valid HTML even without sophisticated DOM/CSS rules.
Now, talking about MDITA, I can rescue and share with the subcommittee the mapping of DITA elements I made last year. All of that has already been implemented and tested in Jarno’s Markdown plug-in, except for the conref thing based on G. Torikian’s Github-Liquid homage to DITA ({{ site.data.conrefs.steps.turn_off_machine }}).
Happy to do this over email or in side meetings….

Carlos

--
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Director of Professional and Technical Writing