Subject: MDITA "spec" and status

Dear Michael and subcommittee friends,

In preparation for Monday’s call, please take a look at we have related to MDITA (MarkDITA, as it was called in 2015). Our recent Twitter exchange with Mark Baker prompted me to collect some information, which I try to present here.
- First, we have our original XDITA to MDITA mappings. This started in 2014 when Michael first published the XDITA+HDITA blog post, and I had a conference call with him and Jenifer Schlodfelt (before the subcommittee existed). I added stuff to the mappings when Jarno was working on his Markdown plug-in, and I uploaded what we currently have to our fancy OASIS Open repo for the SC: https://github.com/oasis-open/dita-lightweight/tree/master/MDITA
- And here’s Jarno’s own version of the mappings as they work on his Markdown plugin: https://github.com/jelovirt/dita-ot-markdown/wiki/Syntax-reference
- For more Markdown-DITA information, here’s the Bluemix documentation (I like what they did for troubleshooting and other notes): https://github.com/IBM-Bluemix/docs
- And this is a recent post from Jenifer explaining the Bluemix authoring process (similar to what she said in her session at the DITA NA conference in April; notice, however, that this post does not mention DITA at all): https://developer.ibm.com/open/2016/06/08/how-we-use-markdown-to-edit-bluemix-documentation/

So… I hope in the call we can spend some time talking about MDITA and what needs to be done with it.

Thanks,

Carlos

---
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Director of Professional and Technical Writing
Associate Professor of Technical Communication
Department of English
Center for Human-Computer Interaction
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0112