Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] (Not so) silly question about acronym

Excellent input!
Let’s see… in his messages yesterday, Michael used LWDITA. I wonder if that’s the one he likes.
From Rahel’s recommendations, I say LIDITA sounds like a person’s name in Spanish (and I also have met a woman from India named Lidita). DITALI is a brand of pasta, and LITA reminds me of Lita Ford (we already have Ms. Von Teese as celebrity spokesperson for the standard). LEICS sounds cool, but it suffers from the FINCH/MAGMA problems ToMag identified.
So, I think I am getting used to LWDITA, stylized as LwDITA and pronounced Lightweight DITA.
I am not in the business of having a second child (super lucky to have www.sofiaevia.com as the only one), but if I ever had to name a child again, I would surely ask Rahel for some ideas!
Michael: Are you happy with LwDITA or should we keep looking?

Carlos
---
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Director of Professional and Technical Writing
Associate Professor of Technical Communication
Department of English
Center for Human-Computer Interaction
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0112