Subject: More from Radu about audio and video

Dear people,

Radu had a couple of comments about our use of video in the LwDITA plugin.
-----
Hi Carlos,

Great, thanks for the tip. I updated the LwDITA DTDs which will come bundled with Oxygen 18.1 to be the latest ones.
Also we worked a bit and in Oxygen 18.1 if you are editing a LwDITA topic and using the "Insert Media" action, you will insert the proper <video> or <audio> constructs.
I also updated the media plugin to support Lightweight DITA video and audio elements:

https://github.com/oxygenxml/dita-media-support

A couple of observations about the current audio and video elements support in LwDITA:

1) You need to allow the width and height attributes to appear on <video> and <audio>.
2) Some videos (like YouTube videos) are referenced from HTML pages as embedded using <iframe>s and not <video>s.
So you might need some kind of type set on the LwDITA <video> element to state that you want it as an embeddable iframe resource or as a plain video.

Regards,
Radu

--
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Director of Professional and Technical Writing