Subject: RE: [dita-lightweight-dita] marketing template new approach

Dear Carlos,

Good idea, let’s talk about that. I have discussed with Jan also. I myself think that we can have both, a really light version in LW and a more complex one in full DITA.

I think, the same is for T&L. We have a quite complex T&L in full DITA but should also have some easy/light questions in LW.

Birgit

Van: Carlos Evia [mailto:cevia@vt.edu]
Verzonden: vrijdag 14 oktober 2016 15:14
Aan: Birgit Strackenbrock <birgit@xstructuring.eu>
CC: dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear Birgit and all,

I was talking to Bob Thomas yesterday (Bob co-chairs the DITA Technical Communication subcommittee) and he mentioned that for 2.0 they are considering a new topic/vocabulary for marketing. I told him about your work on this specialization. I wonder if we (the LwDITA SC) should evaluate if this is really a lightweight  specialization or something that should be part of DITA XML 2.0... or both?

Maybe we can talk about this during Monday's meeting.

Best,

Carlos

--

Carlos Evia, Ph.D.

Director of Professional and Technical Writing

Associate Professor of Technical Communication

Department of English

Center for Human-Computer Interaction

Virginia Tech

Blacksburg, VA 24061-0112