OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-lightweight-dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Agenda for today

Lightweight DITA meeting held December 12, 2016 at 13h00 ET.


Michael Priestley

Keith Schenglii-Roberts

Kristen James Eberlein

Carlos Evia Puerto

Jan Benedictus

Mark Giffin

Rahel Bailie


The TC Note draft has been built and is available for download.


There is a Wedn, Dec 14, 4:30 EST afternoon meeting scheduled to discuss. (Ask Carlos for meeting details.)


Michael Priestley has some thoughts about business benefits of a note solution.


This specification covers HTML5 and Markdown; we have these representations of DITA that could become other things in the future.


We must think about the structure of the proposal for the specification.

Consult the committee note to determine what technical details need to be settled before Lightweight DITA could be considered as a work product. Lightweight DITA is sufficiently different from DITA 1.3 that using that as a template is not practical.


ACTION:  Someone needs to help Kristen identify proposal sections for the TC note.


Syntax Working Group

If you look at the notes for the syntax meeting, Carlos added a link to the Github repository from last April. A demo was built based on what Oxygen could do. The demo has been updated to include things that Lightweight DITA should do. More and more questions are coming up and as the committee continues their work, more gaps were noticed.


ACTION: Someone needs to go to the repository and download it, work with it to find gaps. The files are in the TC SVN repository.


Discussion about round-tripping of topics in Markdown and Lightweight DITA. Which capabilities are supported in each language, then restrict to the declared subset. It's likely possible to have full compatibility with XDITA and HDITA, but not to MDITA, which needs to be a subset.


One consideration is that some CCMSes cannot store Markdown because it's not XML. If you want to create a constrained topic type, you should be able to do so.


Round-tripping is an important consideration for the committee note. Round-tripping isn't covered in the spec; it's more of an implementation question.


ACTION: Add section on TC note about round-tripping.


Question about moving to a new attribute instead of output class. Same attribute everywhere (prolog is the problem child here). The TC needs to have a very clear delineation of elements and attributes and what their purpose is. It's critical when talking about interoperability between Lightweight DITA and DITA 1.3. Specialize it from base, as it's not a filtering attribute. All the other attributes would be specialized from base.


ACTION: Come up with a spec-something (specialization) name for the attribute for the output elements.


Where are work products being stored? A wiki page to track deliverables and use the right repositories for things like meeting minutes and TC notes.


ACTION: Carlos will set up a wiki page and create a bit of functionality.


Is there anything outside of the repositories that should be in the repository? The DTDs should be under the TC SVN repositories. TC is in the process of moving from SVN to GitHub. Minutes must be stored in KAVI, which is the official OASIS repository, as well as presentations, articles, or other resources. It is part of the mission to operate transparently so that outsiders can find information.


ACTION: Put Tim's work on a tool in the Open Oasis GitHub repository. The DTDs cannot be stored in the Open


Motion by Kristen James Eberlein: Request an official OASIS repository for Lightweight DITA subcommittee.

Seconded by Mark Giffin.

Opposition: None.

Resolved: Kristen to request an official OASIS repository at the DITA TC meeting.


Meeting adjourned at 14:00 GMT.

On 12 December 2016 at 14:43, Michael Priestley <mpriestl@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
Status of TC note
Status of syntax working group
Status of template specialization work, testing with marketing specialization
New attribute for specialized element names?
Discussion of work tracking/management - setting up an SC wiki, using an OASIS repository for work products/meeting minutes etc.

Anything else?

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Enterprise Content Technology Strategist


Rahel Anne Bailie, Content Strategy & Ecosystems / Content Management & Design
Content strategies for business impact 
Mobile: +44 (0) 7869 643 685 / skype: rahelab
Co-producer: Content Strategy Workshops
Co-editor: The Language of Content Strategy
Co-author: Content Strategy: Connecting the dots between business, brand, and benefits

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]