Subject: Specialization chapter in committee note

Dear all,

We had a call yesterday to review the draft of our LwDITA committee note. Looking at the proposed TOC (and actual content), it is clear that whereas the XDITA, HDITA, and MDITA sections are looking healthy and quite consistent, the section on the template-based specialization is underdeveloped.

Something to consider here: should we move the specialization section out of this first LwDITA committee note? Maybe we can keep working on it and present it in a different document. We can release it as an article for ACM SIGDOC or the IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication (I can score some monies to make it open access and avoid journal paywalls).

I think the IEEE PCS journal would be interested if we present it as a case study (marketing specialization, anyone?)

Then, we can develop the sections on authoring formats (Elliot Kimber’s correct term for LwDITA’s “flavors”) and have this first committee note out ASAP.

Comments?

Carlos

--
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Director of Professional and Technical Writing