Subject: RE: [dita-lightweight-dita] Short descriptions in LwDITA

Hi all,

I vote to keep <shortdesc> as a semantically-identified element.

From: dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Carlos Evia
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 12:33 PM
To: Keith Schengili-Roberts; dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org

Keith,

Section 6.8 of the CommonMark spec says we can use any raw HTML or XML, so from their side there's nothing they could add... they just recommend using raw HTML or XML. To be honest, the shortdesc in MDITA could even be <shortdesc>...

Joe and Scott,

I hear you loud and clear: the short description is important and deserves its own markup. Let's see what other voices from the SC say.

Best,

Carlos

--

Carlos Evia, Ph.D.

Director of Professional and Technical Writing

Associate Professor of Technical Communication

Department of English

Center for Human-Computer Interaction

Virginia Tech

Blacksburg, VA 24061-0112