Subject: Should <note> be allowed in <li>?

Hi all,

It’s me again..

This time I’m wondering whether the <note> element has been forgotten from the list of allowed elements within <li> at https://github.com/oasis-open/dita-lightweight/blob/master/org.oasis.lwdita/dtd/topic.mod.

I suspect that is, as note was an addition done last year. Both figures and simple tables are allowed inside lists, even though they are way more complex than notes.

According to many writing guidelines, if a list is used to document a procedure, any notes related to one list item only should be in that list item. LwDITA does not currently support that writing principle.

Should we remove limitations that make the DTDs unnecessarily strict at some points?

Best regards,

--

Ullakaisa Kalander
Information Architect, Information Services

P.O. Box 109
FI-65101 Vaasa
Finland
Mobile: +358 50 3828 192