Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Does <data> need @href?

Dear all,

I agree with Alan. Let's make this an agenda item for Monday's meeting.
I think we aim to please in the LwDITA SC and I am super guilty of this: when one of our members or an actual user contacts me and asks for a feature using the "but DITA 1.3 has it" (the equivalent of "but mom lets me eat candy before dinner"), I tend to feel guilty and try to accommodate.
As Alan says, that could really make LwDITA (we are mainly talking about XDITA here) bloated and very, seriously distant from the simplicity of its sisters HDITA and MDITA.
That's why I fear the monsters that people could create with the template-based specialization under the LwDITA umbrella: Look at my spaghetti topic with 25 custom elements... which I created from an XDITA base, so it is lightweight and certified!
So, bring your ideas to Monday's call!
New campaign slogan: Keep LwDITA lightweight... oh lord...

Carlos

--
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Director of Professional and Technical Writing