Subject: Re: Section on specialization in Committee Note Revision 19

Here are my recommended changes/suggestions for the Committee Note:

Abstract section:
Suggest changing the phrase that says LwDITA has "fewer features" to "a more restricted feature set" instead. (This mimics Stan's comment on this same section).

Status section, 2nd para:
Final line is missing the URL for the DITA TC web page (which is: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita).

1.2 Terminology section:
The Markdown-specific term "ATX headers" is mentioned in this section, but it appears nowhere else in the document. Suggest it be dropped.

2 Why Lightweight DITA? Para 3:
"LwDITA can provide this mapping" -> "LwDITA provides this mapping"

3 What is Lightweight DITA? Para 3:
Typo: "individualsthat" -> "individuals that"

4.2 Elements in the LwDITA map:
Typo: "super script" -> "superscript"

4.5 New multimedia elements:
"Loop automatically seeks back the start of audio..." is awkward. Suggest: "Loop automatically returns to the start of audio..."

5.3.2 Examples of MDITA topics:
Minor error in code example: "! [Image](remote.png)" -> "![Image](remote.png)" (remove space between exclamation mark and following left square bracket).

Cheers!

-

Keith Schengili-Roberts
Market Researcher and DITA Evangelist

IXIASOFT
825 Querbes, Suite 200, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H2V 3X1
tel  + 1 514 279-4942  /  toll free + 1 877 279-4942