Subject: reminder: review of LwDITA committee note

Colleagues,

Just a reminder that the review of LwDITA committee note will close tomorrow, Oct 3 (let's say ... midnight Pacific time). You can access the review draft by authenticating to:

https://ditaweb.com/oasis-dita

Your login ID is "<first letter of given name><family name>". Contact me if you need confirmation of your account or a password reset.

You may access a PDF of the committee note, DTDs, and sample files here:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=61594&wg_abbrev=dita-lightweight-dita

Carlos has provided some review guidance, below.

Thank you!

-Alan

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [dita] Important sections to review on the LwDITA committee note
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 09:54:15 -0400
From: Carlos Evia <cevia@vt.edu>
To: DITA Technical Committee <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

Dear TC members,

Kris and I had an action item to identify key sections of the LwDITA committee note that need special attention. This is that we propose:

Important issues *everyone* should look at:
- Last paragraph in section 3: "What is Lightweight DITA?"
- Section 4.6: "LwDITA specialization"
- Do we need a new topic about "LwDITA authoring formats and interoperability" (expanding content from the note in Appendix A.1)?

And then, it would be great if you can look at the following:
- Terminology for the intended audience(s). Are we covering all the terms? What else do we need to define?
- List of elements and tables (note: section 4.1 is NOT about XML elements but about LwDITA elements)
- New multimedia elements: alignment with proposed 1.3 domain
- Tools section. Do we need to mention anything about MDITA and HDITA tools?
- Tables of elements and attributes.

Best,

Carlos

--
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Director of Professional and Technical Writing

--
Alan Houser
Group Wellesley, Inc.