Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] CMS That Claims to Work Exclusively(?) with LwDITA

Carlos: a disclaimer sounds like a good idea.

After looking over the site, I seriously doubt they are using actual OASIS-related Lightweight DITA. It seems like they would have no reason to bother with it. But there are very few details about how the thing actually works. They have some kind of easy web editor, and the system integrates with Framemaker. Also they have some kind of publishing system that is claimed to be easy to use: "No more depending on expensive consultants or need for in-house advanced programming skills. You can also upload your own CSS for web and print output."

They seem to be focused on parts catalogs for manufacturers. And they have zero docs available on their system, that I could find. I sent them a message through their site, saying I'm on the lwdita subcommittee and asking if they were interested in adding their CMS to the lwdita-aware page. I'll report back if I hear anything.

I like the name though: DoX. Most of their client logos look like Finnish or scandinavian customers, and maybe the word "dox" doesn't have the same connotation over there.

Mark