Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Draft of LwDITA Committee Note 2.0
Here are some of my comments, just to get the ball-of-discussion rolling:
- Possibly silly question, but do these changes/updates warrant moving from "1.0" to "2.0"? From what I am seeing am thinking a "1.1" or "1.5" since this doesn't seem to be a sea-change over what went before
"This design simplifies the authoring experience, as there are no choices to be made."
- The phrase "there are no choices" is awkward; suggest instead something like: "as the number of available options in DITA 1.3 have been simplified to a single choice."
- Am guessing that all of these additional information structures available in MDITA are simply things we had missed? In other words, the functionality was there already in Markdown, and we simply hadn't noted it before?
"With a combination of formats that includes the MDITA extended profile, authors can even use content referencing and key referencing."
- An awkward construction. I think you mean more simply: "Authors can use content referencing ("conrefs") and key referencing ("keys"), using any flavor of LwDITA with the exception of MDITA core."
- As a humble suggestion, could we add a new sub-section here that links to the LwDITA code samples I have cobbled together on GitHub? For that matter I think it is also worth mentioning that sample code exists alongside this Committee Note.
- in general I think it would be worthwhile to expand the sample code sections where they appear (it may just be me, but the more example code the better)
- Am just wondering if it might make more sense to have a separate column for MDITA core and MDITA extended instead of having to thrown in all of the explanations and exceptions into one column. I think it might make things clearer.
- Also, could we use the same monospaced font, code-phrase formatting for the code that appears under the MDITA column?
Terrific work on this Carlos!
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> on behalf of Carlos Evia <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: August 29, 2018 12:59:35 PM
Subject: [dita-lightweight-dita] Draft of LwDITA Committee Note 2.0
Dear Lightweight DITA SC members,
I have uploaded a draft of version 2.0 of our committee note. Please take a look at it before our call on Monday.
Alan and I have been struggling with Antenna House and we can't find the character that the TC normally uses to flag changes, so I just used a squiggly here.
Bring comments and ideas to the call on Monday.
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Communication
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0112