Subject: MDITA feedback from Garen Torikian

Dear LwDITA SC members,

I am pasting here the (solicited) feedback that we received from Garen Torikian on our committee note. I hope that we can discuss this on our call tomorrow.

Best,

Carlos

----

Hi allâ

I'm so sorry for replying to this so late! I had intended to take a look at the Lightweight DITA spec in December but Life got in theÂway.Â

I don't have much by way of comments--I think the MDITA spec aspect of it is great. I recall there was some information about it, but I would like to hear (again) about the technical choices for MDITA's representation of cross-formatting (5.4.4). The inclusion of HTML in an otherwise entirely un-tag based document confuses me a little. For example, if [product-name] is acceptable for an insertion, could something like:

[^power-offÂMake sure power to the fixture where you are installing the light bulb is turned OFF.]

or perhaps

^[power-off](Make sure power to the fixture where you are installing the light bulb is turned OFF.)

be an acceptable way for defining a conref?

Similarly, there's a difference between referencing a single term versus a paragraph. Why wouldn't the following work?

[low-power.html#low-power/disconnect-warning]

Thanks for the infoâ
--Â
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Communication
Chair, Hispanic/Latino Faculty & Staff Caucus
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0112
(540)200-8201