Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Conrefs in MDITA without HTML (Garen's idea)

And here's Garen's response:

When it comes to the current implementation of the (GFM) spec, yes, that syntax is compatible. There's no usage of ^ anywhere. But, I had forgotten that `[^<phrase>]` can also refers to footnotes, so there might be a potential for collision there. I will say I am far less concerned with the ^ glyph as I am with coming up with a method that does not rely on raw markup. It could be a $ or #, for example.

Another option is to be more explicit through some kind of keyword:

conref:[power-off](Make sure power to the fixture where you are installing the light bulb is turned OFF.)
[conref: low-power.html#low-power/disconnect-warning]

It's a bit longer to type but at least there's no ambiguity at having to remember one more "magic character," and anyhow, the chance of collision with future spec changes drops to near-zero.

----

Garen also mentioned that he is interested in joining the SC. I sent him the URL of OASIS membership levels. Let's see if he can get sponsorship and join us.

Carlos
--Â
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Communication
Chair, Hispanic/Latino Faculty & Staff Caucus
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0112
(540)200-8201