Subject: Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Format descriptor for LwDITA maps

I commented on the GitHub issue, but bringing this to the SC at Carlos's suggestion --

This raises the question -- How do we handle LwDITA-specific items like this in the specs and grammar files? For a stand-alone LwDITA implementation, this is easy (LwDITA spec; LwDITA grammar files). But a DITA processor that also supports LwDITA must recognize these @format attribute values, that are not listed in the DITA spec and are not legal per the DITA grammar files.

Even if the DITA grammar changes necessary to support LwDITA are minor and localized, I can't think of a good way to handle them in DTD-land (which is where my expertise lies).

I don't believe anybody intends to make LwDITA support mandatory in DITA 2.0. But perhaps we can or should bake these attribute values into the DITA spec and grammar files, "for DITA processors that also support LwDITA"?

-Alan