Subject: LwDITA spec working draft 02 (draft of the draft)

Dear Lightweight DITA subcommittee,

I am attaching a working draft (#02) of the LwDITA spec. Building this draft was a sobering experience: we still have a lot to do. I am not sure this is a formal working draft or a draft of a draft...
It was also, however, very motivating. I can see some clear gaps and areas for direct development... and there's hope.
Please take a look and bring comments to our call on 05/25. We need to focus on what is really missing Âto make our intended audiences happy and well informed.
We have the following primary audience groups:
- Spec users. And these can come for MDITA or XDITA (or HDITA... ha!)
- DITA TC members and the OASIS powers that be.

So... please read it and keep those audience groups (and others that you identify) in mind.
This is not the time for adding features. If you waited five years to promote JDITA or ASCIIDITA and you have a deep urge.... save it for 2.0!
This draft does not include recently approved changes like adding example as a component or the updates to simpletable that I presented to the TC.

Your homework is, primarily, to answer this question: How are we doing?

Best,

Carlos
--Â
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.