Subject: FYI - LwDITA Testing

April 2022 LwDITA Testing
Two sets of testing updates:
 1. Updates: My winter 2021 tests (xrefs, keyrefs, conrefs, conditions).
 2. New: Element-level testing across XDITA and MDITA.

1. Updates to my winter 2021 tests:
The matrix is used in winter 2021 included HDITA sourcing and FOP PDF output. I updated my version of Oxygen to 24.1 and my version of DITA-OT to 3.7.1.
Per our discussion at the last meeting, HDITA is not used by anyone and DITA-OT FOP will never be updated to accommodate HDITA and MDITA. When I remove HDITA and FOP PDF from the test plan, the text matrix drops from 72 to 24 test cases. Of those 24 test cases, 18 pass. The four failures involve:
a. XDITA conrefs to MDITA-hosted content not validated in Oxygen 24.1.
b. MDITA conrefs to MDITA-hosted content not validated in Oxygen 24.1.
c. MDITA conditions not validated in Oxygen 24.1.
d. MDITA conditions not recognized in DITA-OT 3.7.1 HTML5 output.

My conclusion -- LwDITA XDITA and MDITA are quite usable with a few caveats. An 18% failure rate isn't bad in these sorts of interoperability tests.

I'll post the test results to https://github.com/StanDoherty/LightweightDITATesting this week.

2. New: Element-level testing:
Using Jenifer Schlotfeldt's element inventory, I created a set of semantically parallel topics in XDITA and MDITA.
- For elements in the XDITA topic, I tested Oxygen validation and DITA-OT HTML5 output.
- For elements in the MDITA topic, I tested DITA-OT HTML5 output.
- For the suite, I noted XDITA elements and MDITA conventions that worked correctly ACROSS XDITA and MDITA.

I'll post the test files and test results before our next meeting.