Subject: LwDITA Meeting Minutes: 05-16-2022

LwDITA Minutes: 05-16-2022

Attending: Dana Aubin, Frank Wegmann, Jenifer Schlotfeldt, Mark Giffin, Michael Priestley, Stan Doherty

Minutes: Approved from previous meeting (May 2).

1. Note from Kris and TC
   > No inline images possible in current pipeline.
   > The only current work-around would be to reference an image (and only that image) in a separate paragraph.
   > DITA-OT-3.7.1 bug??
   > Jarno working on some post-3.7.1 updates for LwDITA.
   > Action item: Frank to add some writing to MDITA/HDITA. Already in XDITA.
   > Action item: Frank to reach out to Jarno and DITA-OT team to get
     the latest status of the plugin.
   > Action item: Frank to try an uninstall/install on Jarno's updated plug-in.

2. ConVEX review:
   > Best guess - < 200+ people in person
   > Frank - LwDITA presentation lightly attended (< 5 people).
   > Mark - LwDITA presentation well attended (20 people).
   > Questions from attendees:
     - Table colspans/rowspans -- supported in extended MultiMark
	   > LwDITA users can now just use the HTML markup and have it all map
	     into LwDITA simple table.
       > We do not want to introduce any new MD syntax/conventions until
	     there is some table enhancement that is generally accepted/adopted
		 by the MD community.
       > Need to document the HTML table options in the MDITA section of the spec.
   > Candid conversations - generally attended lightly in person.
   > Presentation recordings coming online.
   > CIDM - sorting out online/in-person mix for upcoming conferences
     DITA Europe / DITA-OT Day
     Ideas
   > Mike Iantosca (IBM) - ontology and DITA confluence - Avalera

3. Adobe DITAworld did not promote or mention LwDITA.

4. Follow-up testing
   > Action Item: Stan - Run the tests again when Jarno checks in a new parser
     (plug-in) with a new DITA-OT release.