Subject: minutes LwDITA_SC_minutes_27June2022.txt

LWDITA Subcommmittee Meeting Notes

Attendees:
Michael Priestley
Frank Wegmann
Jenifer Schlotfeldt
Stan Doherty
Mark Giffin (note taker)

Minutes of last meeting approved, proposed by Frank, seconded by Michael.
Frank having trouble upgrading to latest lwdita plugin in DITA OT, asked on DITA OT slack channel.
Frank adding information to the spec about handling inline images.

Discussion: MDITA map, changing Markdown-based format to YAML
Frank. YAML would be rather natural to do.
XDITA and DITA 1.3 maps work with MDITA

Question: Should we remove the MDITA map from the spec and add a YAML map?
Mark. Thinks we should and YAML is the correct way to go. There are no known implementations of the Markdown map. The DITA OT does not support it. Michael. Thinks we should remove the MDITA Markdown-based map from the spec, so as not to encourage anyone to waste time implementing it. Michael talks about using IBM Markedit and possible OASIS objection to Markedit. He sees 3 options: Â 1. Remove current MDITA map from the spec and tell users to use XDITA and DITA 1.3 maps if needed
 2. Adopt YAML into spec, can be mix of using it for MDITA, HDITA
 3. in between - opposite end, compromise. Tell users they might use the YAML map by MarkedIt.
Jenifer - talked about how MarkedIt YAML map gets published to XML and JSON

DECIDED: Committee voted to remove MDITA map from the spec. Unanimous.

Continuing discussion on how to add a YAML map for MDITA in the spec, if it can be done in time. We may not have time to do it before spec released.

Frank. HDITA map, remove it too?
Michael - Different story than MDITA because no alternative without hybrid. Maybe not get rid of this HDITA map.
Needs ongoing discussion, can use subcommittee email list.

Stan Doherty LWDITA testing suite for reference:
https://github.com/StanDoherty/LightweightDITATesting