dita-machine-industry message

Subject: Meeting minutes from 2006/10/31 V1.1

MEETING MINUTES -- 31 October 2006 -- DITA MACHINE INDUSTRY SC
(Minutes taken by Sissi Closs <closs@comet.de>)

Date:  Tuesday, 31 October 2006
Time:  04:00pm - 05:00pm CET

Participants:
Chris Kravogel (seicodyne)
Sissi Closs (Comet)
Klaus Fenchel (Ovidius)
Roland Schmeling (TV Sd)
Robin Sloan (ptc)

DITA Technical Committee Web site:
    - Public:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita-machine-indu
stry
    - Members only:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/

Results:
1) Roll call -> We have quorum

2) Review/approve minutes from previous meeting:
    -  *
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/email/arc
hives/200610/msg00005.html
 (24 Oct 2006)
    - Chris moves to accept the minutes as read, Klaus Fenchel accepts,
Robin Sloan seconds, no objections,
        minutes approved.

3) We need a Secretary
We decided to rotate the secretary role (at least at the beginning)

4) Review the Charter and statement of goals
Chris gave an introduction into our main tasks:

a  Brain storming
   informell during the meeting and in the meantime between the conference
calls
   end of the year

b  Proposal for domain
   Templates for the documentation exist (HTML and XML)

c  Design approval

d  Developing DITA DTD schemas etc. ...

e  Approval by DITA TC

f  Embed as sample in DITA Open Toolkit

g  Reviewing reports

h  Background for DITA standard

5) Review the proposed deliverables
Chris gave an introduction of how ro make an proposal using his proposed
feature #5

6) For the next meeting

read proposal #5 (small document)
write down ideas (send as an email,
use enail link or write to dita-machine-industry@lists.oasis-open.org)

join us at

DITA Eurpoe Conference (November 2 and 3 in Frankfurt)
OASIS Standard Day (November 8 in Wiesbaden)

Regards
Sissi Closs
your secretary of the week