dita-machine-industry message

Subject: members / observers

Hello everyone,

  As part of a periodic maintenance routine, I noticed that there were several individuals who were listed as members in the DITA Machine Industry subcommittee but only as observers in the main Technical Committee. This is against OASIS Rules; one must be a member of the main TC in order to actively contribute in a subcommittee; observers have not acknowledged/agreed to IPR terms. Unfortunately our groupware system, Kavi, doesn't understand that notion so it is up to OASIS staff, with the help of TC chairs, to try to make sure the rules are honored. For those of you that have been downgraded to observer, you will need to leave the DITA TC and then re-join, this time selecting 'member' rather than 'observer.' That will trigger a message to your organization's primary representative who must authorize your joining the TC. Once you've been authorized, you'll then be able to re-join the machine subcommittee.

  My apologies for any inconveniences this has caused.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
phone: 603.232.9090

OASIS Symposium:
"eBusiness and Open Standards:
Understanding the Facts, Fiction, and Future"
15-18 April 2007 San Diego, CA USA
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/