dita-machine-industry message

Subject: Minutes 2008/08/12

1) Roll Call
We have a quorum.

2) Business

- Renaming of the Machinery Task Domain

Background:
DITA 1.2 has defined a more flexible task model with the consequence that from now on, any procedure model must be specialized from task. Therefore, the MI SC must redefine the specialization for the Machine Industry task.

To be open for a broad usage of our task model (also outside of the machine industry), we should rename the Machinery Task domain.
Mr. Priestley proposed "Task Requirement domain".
After a short discussion we decided to accept the new name.

Motion to accept made by Chris Kravogel; seconded by Sissi Closs.

- Discussion on new time and date for our meetings

From now on, The MI SC telephone meeting will start two hours later.
Motion to accept made by Sissi Closs; seconded by Roan Sloan.

3) Additional

We discussed further requirements for the procedure / task model resulting from machine industry documents (e. g. repair manuals):

- legend after a picture
- parts list with separately tagged part items (which can be referred to in the task steps).
- ...
To proceed, we will examine how such procedures can be tagged in S1000D.

Sissi will provide an examples of a typical work process description.
Roan will provide samples of S1000D.

Minutes taken by sissi.