OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-machine-industry message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes 2008/09/30

Von: Sloan, Robin [mailto:rsloan@ptc.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. September 2008 21:27
An: Christian Kravogel
Cc: Sloan, Robin
Betreff: Meeting Minutes for September 30th

1. Roll call

We do not have quorum.

2) Approve minutes of last business meeting:
September 2nd meeting minutes: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-machine-industry/email/archives/200809/msg00002.html

The meeting minutes were approved. Motion to accept made by Chris Kravogel; seconded by Robin Sloan


3) Business

- DITA 1.2, status of proposals

waiting for updated DTDs

latest DITA 1.2 draft uploads:
* Lang spec ToCJS: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00014.html (10 Sep)
* Lang spec source: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200808/msg00002.html (4 Aug)
* Lang spec CHM: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00015.html (10 Sep)
* DTDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200808/msg00011.html (11 Aug)
* XSDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200808/msg00027.html (16 Aug)

-> Link to the list of reviewer:
The TC is looking for reviewer for the langref and architecture specs

Chris is responsible for authoring a number of the DITA 1.2 specifications. Robin will update documents with samples. Chris will ask Ogden for a link to the DITA Architectural Specification.

- DITA 1.3, proposals - ideas

The DITA TC is working on a list of DITA 1.3 proposals (primarily deferred requirements from 1.2); probably available for next meeting.  It’s likely that DITA 1.3 will not be released for several years.


-- MI10: Technical data

Professor Zeigler developed use cases based on a company that he is working with. We will discuss this proposal further when Professor Zeigler is in attendance.


S1000D and Docbook updates

Robin will follow up on how technical data (tolerances) is handled in S1000D and DocBook.

S1000D quantity and tolerance type: http://www.s1000d.org/?sector=issues&page=download&issue=v3-0

-- MI11: Maintenance plan

We will discuss this proposal further when Professor Zeigler is in attendance.


-- MI14: Module size definition
We did not discuss.


-- MI15: Classification & Filtering
We did not discuss.

- CITEC Proposals & Ideas

-> Presentation
-> Proposals

We briefly discussed the M16 proposal for adding attributes in order to distinguish between the information types (task, concept, reference) and the descriptive types (testing, operating, upgrading, preventive maintenance, etc). Jonathan Lundin will add examples to the M16 Type Attribute proposal.

4) Announcements/Opens


Next meeting will be in 2 weeks on October 14th.


Chris will arrange a 90 minute face-to-face meeting at DITA Europe Conference for Tuesday, November 18th at 4 PM.



Robin Sloan
Arbortext Product Manager
Publishing Solutions Group
734.997.0200 (office)
734.717.4588 (mobile)


GIF image

GIF image

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]